Thursday, October 22, 2009

Homogenous People

The other day I was talking to a girl at school and I could not remember her name. So I went home and checked out our little class book which has everyone's pictures and a little blurb about them. "Ah, Sophie. That's her" I thought. But then I came to Alain. That looks like her too. Shit. They really look alike. So I got the brilliant idea that I should briefly review our entire class book to see if I'm getting other people mixed up. Crap on crap. There are like 7 sets of girls that look practically identical to each other.

2 girls with curly brown hair that are super friendly and smily and the same height. Can't get them straight. I really have a tough time with these ones... because one is really nice to me and one I guess I haven't met... so she doesn't really talk to me. For a while I was thinking that she/they was just one really moody person.

4 blond tiny girls with med length straight hair. All pretty. No way this is getting worked out any time soon.

Then there's a girl in my lab who I talk to occasionally. She is a cute girl, but doesn't have any striking features like green streaks in her hair or a wart on her nose so I can easily identify her. I swear I had a full-on conversation with another girl last week thinking it was her. Oops.

I think the real problem here is that I can't recognize people for shit. In fact it's become so bad that I actually had to give myself a game-plan for what to do in case I get stuck in an embarrassing situation. I would explain it here... but then I'd be giving away my tricks... and everyone would know when I'm having a dumb-ass moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment