Thursday, May 20, 2010

Itching!

Today my friend Dr. J asked me to pick up his kid at school because he was stuck in GI. I was supposed to pick him up at his fancy schmancy private school at 12:30.

As I'm driving there, at about 12:25, I get a sudden and intense itch attack on my legs. Both legs, all over. I just took a shower, so maybe I soaped and shaved my legs in the wrong order? Who knows? But I'm going crazy and despite the fact that I'm going to be late I stop at Walgreens to get some cream. I actually have an awesome concoction of a couple products I use for anti-itch, so I picked them up and paid for them in the pharmacy section. I immediately ran to the pharmacy waiting area after I paid and started slathering on the stuff, cause I was about to explode.

This little old man is watching me and he says "is that good for itchin'? I been itchin' and I can't stop! I think I got into some ivy!"

So I sit down next to him and offer him some of my concoction and explain how it works. He seems happy when it works almost immediately and he says "You should be a doctor"

I smile and reply "You think so?"

I'm reveling in this moment when I realize I'm in Walgreens putting itch cream on a stranger and I forgot Dr. J's kid at school. Crap!


No comments:

Post a Comment