Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Year Ago Today


One year ago, a sick and deranged man came to my school and shot students.. he killed one girl,Anastasia DeSousa and later himself after police had shot him. 22 injured.. and our feelings of safety at school were destroyed.

Don't get me wrong, I know this stuff happens, but you never figure it to be YOUR school. Dawson is HUGE, many doors and ways in/out. SInce the shooting there is increased security on campus, PA system in the rooms and locks on all the doors, more than there were anyway... A friend told me there are dead bolts now, I have not looked to see yet.

They cancelled my clinical rotation today, I don't think I would have made it through 8 hrs anyway.. I am doing my psych rotation, so fitting in some way huh?

I am taking it easy today, getting together with a few good friends, attempting to get some studying done.

Let's hope that this never happens again at Dawson or anywheer else for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment