Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update on EMG...



I realize now that I forgot to update my post about my EMG and Nerve Conduction.

1) Yes it hurt in some spots, the first needle insertion I did not feel at all... the others I did!
2) The Nerve conduction part pinches and surprised me by that!

I was so tired that Friday, having been up since 5:30AM b/c I had my OSCEs that morning for school. I was only being picke up at 4PM from he neuro's office and I was done by 2:40PM, and had my Grad dance that night at 8PM! My neuro is sweet, she let me take a nap in the waiting room even after they were closed (she was still there doing work). I needed that nap too. I was up for 21 hrs that day!

She (neuro) did my right arm (3 spots), one spot in my left arm (deltoid only), and my right leg.

Well, the culprit to the shoulder weakness may very well be the Zanaflex I take, so am now no longer taking it. Damn! I liked it, it worked well for my leg.. too well I guess!




On the plus side, it may help me with the hypotension (low blood pressure) I have, Zanaflex tends to lower BP and mine is already low so of course the Zanaflex complicated it all the more. It may have also been weakening parts of my lower body more than needed too. My neuro increased my Baclofen from 60mg to 80mg to compensate for the lack of Zanaflex, but I seriously am noticing more spasticity. NOT HAPPY! I should be getting more Botox soon so that'll help.







On a side note: I am going to the USA for 3-4 days, VT, NH and MA. And I may be going to see USA Gymnastics National Champs in Boston on Saturday! YIPPEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment