Monday, June 15, 2009

Direct Quote from an NHS Pen Pusher.

No, I am not going to post the identity or link or any such thing. If you don't want to believe it then that is fine with me. This is a direct quote word for word from an NHS pen pusher.

"I have worked in the NHS for nearly 10 years. I am one of
those non-clinical, overpaid bureaucrats who are regularly slated in the press.
I totally agree. I got into the job by accident, stayed because of the
security/salary/maternity pay/benefits . I'm desperate to
do something more useful than sitting at a desk, sending the occasional email
and trying not to fall asleep at meetings.The trouble being that there are NO
part-time jobs ANYWHERE.So I should be grateful for my job, I suppose.But some
days I want to phone up The Sun and tell them how scandalous it is that people
like me get paid to do nothing but push paper around, --make up-- write business
cases and go to meetings 'for information'.

Militant medical nurse is not at all shocked. This person is not a nurse manager by the way (for those of you who want to blame all the problems we have on the ward on different factions in nursing). The author of this quote is just a pen pusher.

Isn't it nice to know that when we are running our asses off , not taking breaks in order to up the chances of getting around to all of our patients and getting interrupted every 30 seconds for 14 hours straight ......that some pen pushers are getting paid to do sweet fuck all..................

No comments:

Post a Comment