Monday, January 8, 2007

Travel Nurse: Not the Ideal Start

What a weekend. Headache, nausea, vomiting. And that was just me. I don't know if it was the anticipation of starting a new job or what, but Saturday night around 9:30 p.m. a migraine headache started pounding the back of my head..."Somebody turn down the T.V. and turn off those lights!"... Shortly after the headache began came the nausea which crescendoed into an all out vomit-fest that lasted about an hour. The nausea and vomiting eventually subsided but the headache lasted until the wee hours of the night which meant I got about 2 solid hours of sleep before waking up and getting ready for the first day of my new travel nurse assignment.

I was a walking zombie all day long. Fortunately, I was just orienting and didn't have any patients... "Sorry about giving you that Estrogen shot, Mr. Jones"... I am now a little concerned about the doubtless whisperings that will come out of today... "Have you seen the new brain dead travel nurse"...Thank goodness I don't have to go back in until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment