Saturday, February 26, 2011

Martha Stewarts fat lip - its not a good thing

Poor Martha Stewart. Her dog jumped up and gave her a fat lip and a cut. What did Martha do? She called the police to give her a ride to the hospital. Apparently she couldn't drive herself or get someone to drive her. You know, I don't think the police would drive me to the hospital if I called them.

Another call Martha made was to someone else so they could have a plastic surgeon come to repair her laceration. I'm sure Martha went straight back, was seen right away....do not pass go, do not collect $200. I don't think I would have got back that fast and an ordinary ER doc would have stitched me up.

This is the kind of stuff that drives ER nurses nuts. Some people are given VIP treatment. We will get a call periodically about so and so is coming in and they just want to LET US KNOW. Or someone will call one of our docs and tell them some "VIP" is coming and we are supposed to take them DIRECTLY BACK TO A ROOM.

Our thought: Every body should be treated the same. We don't like treating certain people special. ER is one of those places where everybody should be equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment