Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Second Year Precepting

Ok, so remember last year I had a bariatric surgeon as my preceptor? Well, since it's a new year, we get a new preceptor. This time most all the preceptors are interns, and we go as a group of 3 students. So our preceptor, Dr. S met with us just as she was coming off a 30+ hour shift. One of the guys in my group seemed a bit hesitant... I'm guessing he thought she would probably have turned into Medusa by then... but we went ahead and met with her at the scheduled time. Hey, I figured, the more tired she is, the faster we'll get to go home, right?

Anyway, point is, despite the 30+ hour shift she just finished, she was awesome. Like, nice. REALLY nice. To the point where I'm wondering if she consumed some sort of mood-altering substance. Anyway, we chatted with one patient, and got to go home in about 30 min. My prediction of early release from prison camp was correct-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment