Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Convolution

Ok, here's another funny convoluted story I feel like sharing. About three years ago I went on three dates with a guy. Let's call him Ben. First two were ok (he's a pretty funny guy), but the third one he got plastered and turned into a real ass at the end of the night. When he finally slammed a car door on me and said he was pissed at me for what I don't know (um, what's to be pissed about on a third date??) I ditched him and ended up walking home in my high heels all the way from downtown. Needless to say, we never spoke again. I did see him from afar at a restaurant once, but he totally snubbed me. Fine. Eff you too.

Then randomly, last week, I see that he is tagged in a Facebook photo with one of my former students. So of course I send her a message like "WTF???... how do you know this tool?" She laughs and says something to the effect of "Tool is right. He's my best friends ex, they were engaged, he cheated, etc." To which I did a mental "Whew... best walk home in high heels ever"

That was last week. After three years. LAST NIGHT, I'm at my favorite winebar and Lolo suddenly gets a terrible look on her face. Lolo played wing(girl) on one of the dates (a double date) way back when. I turn around and there he is. One foot from my face. He smiles... which is weird bc he previously ignored me in the restaurant. Anyway, he's like "Hey can I come chat with you guys?" So he did, which was ok.. and he proceeds to spend the next 20 min discussing his ex (who is a med student, too, I guess)... and then starts to discuss what "went wrong" between "us". I clearly told him that what went wrong was that he was an asshole... and that there was no "us". To which he said "huh, I was hoping for a little sugar coating on that". Lol. He actually seems like a nice guy... to hang out with... but to date? Um, no. Unless you are into that whole lying, cheating, borderline alcoholic thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment