Friday, July 23, 2010

Things Don't Work Out for a Reason

You all know I'm a big believer in fate, destiny, things happening (or not happening) for a reason. Well remember the Haiti trip that I only needed like $400 to go on... but in the end I couldn't go? Well, I realized there was a BIG reason why destiny didn't let me go.

So I was on Facebook and one of the guys who went on the trip posted some pics. Cool. So I stalked the Haiti pics of course.

Then I saw it. A pic of a huge tarantula. Ok, cool. I'm sorta ok with tarantulas as long as we both adhere to our cosmic peace treaty. Which says "I stay out of your bed, you stay out of mine". Then I see the caption under the pic of the tarantula that in effect says "These were all over the rooms and the beds where we stayed." Uh, oh HELL no. Then I looked at the building they stayed in. And the room covered with BATS!! Folks, there were wayyyy too many creepy crawlies in there for me.

Now, let me just clarify by saying I am not a wimp. I've been camping in the Brazilian Amazon. But I was outdoors. I don't like being in sketchy man-made dwellings where lots of creatures hang out. Give me a hammock and a mosquito net or a tent ANY DAY over sleeping in a cabin or a stucco building.

Anyway, point is that I would have basically stayed awake for 7 days... and that wouldn't have been any fun at all, now would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment