Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not So Much Cool as a Cuke

Last night I was a patient. And a freaked out one. So this is probs TMI, but it's my blog and I don't care. So I occasionally get a UTI. Maybe once every few years. But they are always solved within an hour by drinking a couple of big glasses of water. No biggie. But last night it didn't work. It just got worse. And worse. And eventually I started peeing blood. And then I panicked. Like panicked panicked. WTF? I knew I wasn't going to die. Well I kinda felt like it, but I knew logically I wouldn't. And the other thing. I had this horrible realization that I was alone. Like really alone. Who should I call at 2:00am? Lolo had to work in the morning... and what could she do? Dr J was sleeping... and though I called him he didn't pick up. I was seriously in too much pain to go to the ER or urgent care. And Mr. Ex Boyfriend was on vacay with his new girlfriend. Not exactly great options.

An hour later it got worse and I sacked up and called my ex. He called me in an antibiotic and some azo. I'm sure his girlfriend was thrilled that he was doing me favs while on vacation. Oh well. Then I woke up my neighbor to run to Walgreens for me. Which he nicely did. That was pretty major for me actually. I have some crazy psychosis where I am practically physically incapable of asking other people for favors. But I did. And they said yes. So thank you Eli and my neighbor. You saved my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment