I just got a new kitty and I think I made the mistake of letting my family take care of setting up an appointment for him. Maybe it is a reasonable price, but I feel as though maybe going to an animal shelter or something for vaccinations would've been wiser. Anyway, this Banfield plan my kitty is on is somewhere around $350 total for the year, and covers the following: otoscopic exam, ophthalmic exam, rectal, dental, neurologic, cardiovascular, weight, coat + skin, abdominal palpation, urogenital, musculoskeletal, pulmonary/lung eval, leukemia/AIDS, ear swab/microscopic exam, intestinal parasite fecal exams ( 3x) dewordm for roundworm/hookworms (4x) and lastly, the spaying/neutering. Is this bogus or what?
--------------------
If you're getting all that for $350.00, it's the best deal I've heard of. It cost me $250.00 just for the spay! I had an adult cat on the banfield plan and paid about $22.00 per month for it. It was good for me at the time, because I would never have been able to come up with large lump sums of money for vet care, but could afford a small monthly fee. Over time, the plan actually costs you more than if you went to a regular vet and just paid up front every time. Banfield is a bit like the walmart of vets. Most vets don't stick around too long, and the care is pretty generic. Its great for shots, exams, neutering, and other basic things. If your cat has a serious illness, I'd go somewhere else.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment