I had a great dentist but we moved about 20 miles away and decided to try a new dentist closer to where we live. He said I have 5 cavities to get filled, 4 of them are microscopic? I have only had 7 cavities in my entire life, although im only 24. He was showing me in my x-rays where my molars meet a little bit darker spots, but I could barley see them. Said he would have to drill down through the top of my teeth to get to them. He said they actual cavities yet, but he says they are the start of them. 4 of the 5 he said are these "microscopic starts of cavities. He said he wants to take care of them now before they turn into cavities. I also have big gaps in my teeth so in my x-rays my molars are barley touching. So to me I don't feel I should get these done until they were actually cavities, right? I guess I will have to get a second opinion. On another note, it was also my most painful cleaning I have ever had. It seemed like she was causing me pain on purpose, she used her cleaning drill to get all the "calcification" off. She said my gums were inflamed on the inside back of my mouth, but she just took her drill and grinding the inflamed gums away. She ground my gums down all the way around my mouth. Extremely painful, took her an hour and a half to complete me cleaning. Tears were streaming down the sides of my cheeks the whole time. But I didn't want to be a wuss so I stuck it out and let her do her worst. My wife said she had the same lady and she was not in any pain and asked her if she wanted some numbing. To add some back story, there was some big controversy over some High School Football stuff where I my brother was oiur goto guy and was a senior and I coached for 5 of the years after I graduated. The dental hygienist has daughters that goto the other school and do cheer leading. Anyways there was about 200 posts on the local newspaper website on the article in which I left about 10 comments stating my opinions about how their school was being ridiculous to take that to court about they were disqualified for breaking the rules. Now I just thought of this that she was purposely causing me pain because she knew who I was and she knew she could get away with it. I just know that at least 90% percent of the general public would not have sat through that cleaning hell. Would have asked for numbing or someone else to do the cleaning. I just want to clarify that I am no wuss. I can deal with pain and that is what I did. The tears were just coming from the pain. I would be curious to see what others feel about this or what they would do.
--------------------
I'd drop that dentist and never go back. That does sound very fishy. My step-dad's new dentist tried to scam him into breaking his jaw to "realign it" or something like that, but that was just plain ridiculous 'cause he's never had any problems with his jaws and no other dentist ever mentioned anything about his jaw (which happens to be a tiny bit out of place, but causes no problems). Needless to say, he's not going back. Now your situation is a bit different from ours, but if it was me in your shoes, I wouldn't go back. They're supposed to offer something to numb your mouth if they know it might hurt. And grinding away your inflamed gums? Ouch! I'd cry too, if it happened to me. *EDIT* And try what Brendy said. Try another dentist or two before you do anything about your microscopic cavities. And just to be safe, try brushing your teeth with baking soda. We do that in our family, and it works great. We don't have any teeth problems (except for whatever "jobs" previous dentists have screwed up). (Though you may want to additionally use toothpaste in the morning to get rid of morning breath.)
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment