I'm currently E1 in the Navy, I'm still on a student status in Dental Corp(already graduated Corpschool). I have my verbal order to Japan, and I'm trying to claim my parents as my dependents, and I was wondering if they became my dependents, can I just go back to where I came from: San Diego, to take care of my parents. I know that I have to give 50% of my income to my parents. I was wondering if I can find a way to change my orders to CA. *my current order is not posted on Bupers, yet*
--------------------
no. doesn't work that way. gonna take about 2 years for you to even get them declared as dependents anyway and by that time you will have left Japan anyway. regardless you WILL finish your current orders even if they are declared sooner.. unless you can prove you are providing more than 51% of all their needs.. housing/income/insurance/food/etc for a year and thus be allowed to declare them as dependents on your tax returns you cannot even begin the process as far as the military is concerned. you will still be sent wherever you are needed, and if they are your dependents they would come with you. you might get Balboa. or you might get Bethesda.. or Portsmouth....
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment