Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to choose a career-?

I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years and have had a daycare in my home for 3. I only want to continue the day care for 2-3 more years. I have an associates in early childhood. Now I'm rethinking my career path. I thought I wanted to be a teacher but lets face it... teachers don't get payed well and I'd still have a few years of school left. I thought about going into something like nursing, or dental hygiene because it's only a couple years school and pays more but I don't know if i'll love it. I like people and am great with people and I'm smart. I want to make good money, not go to school too long and have time with my kids.... which career path should I go down???
--------------------
Well, I don't know if this will help you, but there's this cool site (I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE ADVERTISERS) that we use at our highschool where you can take a career test and they will list the careers that they think suit you most. Then you can click on the career and it opens a profile that will tell you the salary, educational requirements, working conditions and so on of the job. Go to www.careercruising.com You can use our school's username and password to sign in lol. Username: career Password: lasalle Good luck and hope I helped a bit!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment