Hi, For the past couple of years I have been receiving SSI. I live with my mother who does not receive child support from my father because he is severely disabled and cannot work. I am currently 17 and in the past years that I have had this money coming to me, my mother has not gave me one cent and for my first question, I was wondering if it were right of her because I was under the understanding that it was in place of "child" support. Honestly I have a dead-beat mother and I am soon to be living with my father to take care of him because he is ill and my mother will not let me live with him because she is de-pendant on my monthly payment. If when I turn 18 I stay in full time high school will I still receive the SSI payments? I am wondering because my mother wanted nothing to do with me and I am behind on my doctor and dental visits and even by having a job when I move to my father's, I will not have enough to pay for medical insurance and car insurance or even monthly need. If not, are there any programs that will help me out? I have medical issues of my own, preventing me from working as much as I wish to and I am barely making ends meet as it is. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
--------------------
Your mother will continue to receive SSI on you until you graduate from HS or turn 19, whichever comes first. Your mother receives this money to put a roof over your head, food on the table and/or any other expenses she has as a result of your existence. In other words, SSI and child support is not YOUR money to begin with, it never was. You will be a lot happier if you think of it this way.. it is and never was yours. If your living situation changes (you move out of your moms house) you can contact the Social Security Office and let them know of the changes. Just be aware that this doesn't nec mean that you will receive this money. The people at the office will let you know what the rules are.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment