Well, I went to the dentist for a regular check up, and I'm 13, so i though nothing could be wrong with my teeth. And then he spotted that I needed two fillings. I was really shocked, because I take care of my teeth, brushing them twice daily, etc. So when I went back to his office to get the fillings, and i'm not proud of this, i screamed and screamed when he showed me the needle and i told him he was a stupid dentist. So i ended up not getting the fillings, and an appointment to the dental hospital. When I got there, last week (the two fillings were spotted in late september), i was all ready to get the fillings, bracing myself. So, they ended up not doing the fillings and just giving me a check-up and some x-rays. They said I needed four fillings. I just broke down, I started crying and begging for her to fill my teeth right then and there. But she didn't. And I have an appointment January 26th to get some plastic coats on my teeth. And now, I'm more conscious of my teeth, i don't know what i was thinking, I wobbled one of my bottom teeth just to check it was ok, and it wobbled. And i'm scared. I don't know if I can ever go back to my dentist, because I screamed at him and called him stupid, and I am SO scared of the dentist, you don't even know. And I'm really scared and I don't know what to do, and I'm actually crying as I type this. PLEASE help me. You just have to. :'( - beth x
--------------------
To start, I don't think anyone particulary enjoys a dental shot... If you don't have your fillings taken care of while they're small, they will only get worse. The coating you're referring to is either a fluoride or a sealant. A sealant requires NO numbing and is meant to protect the deep groves you have on the biting surface of your teeth which is hard to keep clean. There are many options you have to relax a little in order to get the procedure done. The dentist can administer nitrous oxide(laughing gas) which will help you relax. Everyone is right, they do place a little topical anesthetic which is a numbing gel so you don't feel the little pinch of the shot. Close your eyes, hold the assistants hand, watch tv in the ceiling or listen to your iPod. If this doesn't help you may want to look into seeing a pedodontist which specializes in childrens dentistry. If they can't calm you, there's always the option of concious sedation where you are a liitle groggy, but awake. Or if need be, IV sedation while y
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment