Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tounge Ring For Guys?

Im Getting A Tounge Ring In The Near Future And I Have A Few Questions 1.My most important question is would it mess up my teeth? i have had extensive dental work on my teeth from braces to surgery so i wouldnt want all that work to be ruined by a tounge ring 2. when you get it done is the actual stabbing in the tounge painful? and how does it feel after? 3. how long do you swell for 4.how long does it take for you to be able to eat and talk normally 5.how should i care for it 6.how long should i wait to take it out 7.i heard they come in different sizes , is that true and which size is better? 8. send me online links if you can of websites that sell them. or talk about them thanks oh and can i smoke within the recovery period and i dont mean cigarettes or cigars , figure it out
--------------------
1) Tongue piercings do pose the risk of tooth erosion and chipping. 2) Not at all. And it started hurting after an hour or so of having it. 3) I was only swollen for a little over a week. My boyfriend, however, was swollen for a couple of weeks! 4) I was eating mostly normal by the third or so day. Still ate slowly though. 5) Rinse with an alcohol-free mouth wash morning, noon, and night; and rinse with sea salt water after kissing, eating, smoking, etc. I made a water bottle of the sea salt water so I could rinse when I wasn't at home. 6) I don't know. The tongue is a really fast healer and many tongue piercings have been known to close in a matter of minutes. I don't think it's worth the risk [if you plan on keeping the piercing]. You can buy a clear retainer [make sure it's glass/quartz!] to wear sometimes [not as a longterm thing]. 7) Both me and my boyfriend's tongue were pierced at 12g. Some people get pierced at 14g, others at 10g. Depends on what the piercer recommends and your preference. As for the length...you start out with a longer barbell so it can accommodate for swelling. Then you can get a shorter one when your swelling goes down. I recommend going back to your piercer to get the second one put in. 8) Hopefully your piercer's shop will have adequate jewelry to wear in a fresh tongue piercing [implant grade surgical steel or titanium]. If you plan on buying your own jewelry before you go to the shop to get the piercing, make sure the shop you're going to will even let you bring your own jewelry. About smoking...they say not to smoke during the healing period, but we smoked bud and cigarettes throughout the whole thing lol. But smoking bud will make your tongue swell and get sore [when it's healing]. Be sure to rinse out after every smoke sesh! :]
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment