I have insurance through Fidelis Care New York. I have NEVER had any problems with them, ever. Today, however, I got this strange letter in the mail from them. Basically, it is saying that they received and reviewed a request from ME, for an admission to Albany Medical Center Hospital. It also says that "based on the clinical information received, a determination has been made to APPROVE 8 days". This letter is dated Sept. 8 this year, and the admission date is Sept. 4. Here's the problem. I have not been in a hospital for my own needs in nearly 6 YEARS. The most recent thing I've even used my insurance card for was dental work yesterday and today. I don't live anywhere NEAR Albany, let alone have I requested admission to this hospital. I called Fidelis, and the woman I spoke with is looking into it for me, and I should hear back from them within the next week. What could be going on?? As you can imagine, I'm completely baffled here. I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas? Thanks...
--------------------
you need to call the admissions dept at the hospital and tell them someone is fraudulently using your insurance they will investigate
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment