Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why do I feel so old?

I wake up feeling sick to my stomach and i have no reason to get up. im 22. 2 years of school to go. I have no friends...at all. I mean not 1. : ( I couldnt even list a personal reference on a recent application I filled out. I have no boyfriend or anything. But when i was say 18, i always thought that by 22 i would have accomplished something. Its like I was waiting so long for life to start, that it never started. now that im just starting out, i feel like its the beginning of the end...all down hill with nothing but dental decay and fine lines in the future. I am so scared of getting old im forgetting to be young...and i feel like im 80 or something. which is really horrible because i take good care of myself...but emotionally im drained.
--------------------
I was in a similar situation recently. I just recently turned 23 and 22 was the WORST year of my life. I felt as though I had no friends, I saw my grades drop and couldn't even feel motivated to bring them up, I almost dropped out of college. What helped me was a few things. I went on anti-depressants which also helped with anxiety. And I made a concious decision to try and be more social. My advice to you would be this: try and build some sort of relationship with people. It can be harder when you are not a freshman becasue many people already ahve their friends but it is not impossible. Join a club at your school. Get a part-time job (some of my best friends in life have come from work). Volunteer at something. Do something everyday that makes you feel competent and do something everyday that is pleasurable. And go see a doctor about your depression, see if you can take an anti-depressant. I know how it can be to feel as though you have nothing to look forward to and life is a drag but it doesn't last forever. There are ways to feel happier and more content. You just can't give up
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment