I had 6 teeth out 2 days ago under sedation, before I had it done I had an abscess (well im pretty sure it was an abscess, although it wasn't painful like an abscess I had before). I'm not in any pain atall but a very very hard lump, with a sharp edge is now in the place of the abscess I had and its worrying me, i've researched it and I now know that pieces of tooth/root can break off during the extraction and eventually work its way out of your gum..so it made me think it was this, but the thing is, I had a soft lump in that EXACT place before I had any teeth removed!! help?! (yes i know i had alot of dental problems, and im only 17! its coz i had a bad phobia of dentists and needles so i couldnt even be sedated for the treatment.. and didnt go for years, but im gettin everything sorted now and getting braces as i found a really good expensive dentist that does gas & air so i dont care about havin the injection to be sedated which means he can do all he needs to my teeth!! :D ) ?
--------------------
Usually this is only the edge of the bony socket from where your tooth was extracted. It won't be tooth or root. As the wound heals, the skin contracts over the bony edge and can become quite tender if bumped. However, Mother Nature heals all these sorts of things, and over the next 3 months the bone will be reshaped and the edges will round off. Everything's normal.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment