Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Thankful

I am so thankful to be at my school that I cannot even express it. After receiving several phone calls this week from friends at other med schools, I am now convinced that I attend the absolute best med school on earth. One friend stressing beyond belief, one friend being forced to go to a hearing to determine "repeat 2nd year vs. dismissal", and many others who just haven't enjoyed their med school experience.

I am so fortunate to be blessed with wonderful administration, caring professors, fun classmates, a relaxed (and entertaining!) learning environment, lots of extra time, tons of professional opportunities, all the while living in an incredible city.

This school appreciates my strengths, and doesn't seem to give a crap about my weaknesses. I can continue my "real life" outside of med school without compromising my studies. I don't have to compete with my peers for grades. I don't have to stress if I pass a class with only a 78%. The professors know my name. They even know where I sit. It's wonderful.

It was fate that brought me here. I now know that the time it took to get to med school was so well worth it. If I went a year (or 5!) earlier, or later, I know I would have gone to another school. Maybe a place I got wait-listed at, or possibly I would have made connections that drew me elsewhere. Things happen for a reason. Always. I know I would not have had such a wonderful experience anywhere else.

May your med school days be as wonderful as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment