Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blank Walls

PROCRASTINATION! I feel like I always put the really hard projects/assignments last. Do any of you do that? For example, this weekend my TO-DO list included the following
  • Clean my room
  • Finish a homework assignment
  • Edit my youtube video
  • Record a new youtube video
  • Edit the new youtube video
  • Go to the gym
This is what I have done so far (Note: It is Sunday afternoon)
  • Clean my room
  • Edit my youtube video
  • 1/4 of the homework assignment
  • A lot of facebook creeping/surfing youtube
  • lots of fighting with my boyfriend
Currently all I want to do is shoot my new video and edit it since I have learned all of these super cool editing techniques and I have super awesome concept for my next video BUT I have banned myself from editing/shooting until my homework assignment is complete and I can't seem to make myself do it. I feel like part of the reason I refuse to do it is because it is a difficult assignment for me. One which I have a hard time understanding and therefore I just don't want to put the effort into doing it. I sound like a horrible student. I AM NOT! I am just in full on vacation mode in which all I want to do is lounge around and eat and talk to my boyfriend who isn't speaking to me at the moment. (We won't get into that....it would take me years to explain :P ) AAAHHHH and this is just further procrastination.....help me guys! Any tips on avoiding procrastinating? I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment