Recently I've began narrowing my career choices in the health care/medical field. Amongst the many intriguing careers for me is Dentistry.. I researched it and got some information over the Dentistry career.. but I still have an unanswered question.. After Graduating from dental schools.. whats next?.. In other words, after you get your degree/major/ certificate or whatever.. where do you go to get the job?. ex .Pharmaceutics is another one of my interests, and when you graduate from their Pharmacy schools, you go apply at any pharmacy you want, whether it be Hospital, Clinic, or local Superstore.. Thanks.
--------------------
You don't say what country you are in. In the U.S. dentistry is regulated by the states. When I graduated dental school in 1976 there was no requirement for additional training for general dentistry. New York State has recently required a PGY-1 residency for licensure. Most of us didn't go directly into private practice anyhow (I did a one-year general practice residency). After that, many will go into practice, whether starting from scratch (scary, given the levels of debt newly minted dentists graduate with) or seek an associateship or partnership with a dental group. There are other options--such as specialization, the armed forces, the large managed-dental practices. In other words, there are a lot of options, if dentistry sounds like something you'd like to pursue. Good luck, Steve Bornfeld, DDS
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment