Thursday, May 19, 2011

File my back tooth down?

I have a back tooth (upper left) that has chipped. I had a filling in it back in 2006. The filling did NOT fall out. Can I file it down with something? I know about the root thing and that it will hurt. The tooth next to it, has a cap on it (root canal under the cap). But the tooth with the cap on-is not the problem. It is the one behind it. 2 weeks ago my tooth was chipped-- a tiny tiny piece of tooth. However, it is sharp. When I go to the dentist they use something to file down sharp edges. If I go for a deep cleaning (which I need) it is about $70 or more, which I do not have. I'm sure they'd take care of this pointy little booger if I let them know it is sharp. (I can see where the tooth cracked off in a mirror, so I'm sure they'd all notice it as well.) So, my question is simple. What can I use to file this thing down? What is the dental tool that dentists use to file a tooth down? If I can have the name, I can perhaps purchase it and do it myself. Or, would sandpaper do the trick? Do you think a dentist would only file this down if I ask them to ONLY file this tooth-and do nothing else? I do not have the money for anything. I'm still paying for that darn root canal that I had last year. Thanks.
--------------------
A dentist can do that in 2 minutes. They can tell you in advance how much it would be. It happened to me once and my regular dentist didn't charge anything. Don't use sandpaper, I don't think it's hard anough and your mouth will fill with grit. Possibly a diamond-edged nail file. But try the dentist first.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment