Currently we have been separated for a year and a half. During this time he stayed unemployed for a year after coming back (all of 2009) from Iraq so that he wouldn't have to work and could collect on unemployment. Now, it's August of 2010 - he has been gone periodically for training here and there. During his training periods he gets paid his regular e-6 pay and leaves me to take care of our child without any type of support. I was a stay at home mom for 2 years and moved out because of the abusive environment. I'm currently working with an attorney who is pretty much useless. I cannot afford any other attorney at this time because of financial constraints. I've been paying for dental visits, doctor co pays and visits and any medical prescriptions. My lawyer is attempting to put in a motion for child support and spousal maintenance, but I'm not optimistic. I've enrolled my son in preschool at one of the best schools where I reside and my husband is fighting me on that issue as well. His reason being it conflicts with his parenting time. ((even though our sons class is 4 days a week 3 hours a day)) I'm debating on writing his commander with details on the current situation at hand. Can anyone offer me any advice on what to do at this point?
--------------------
Though your husband should pay a fair amount toward the support of the child. You should also pay your fair amount. Spousal support? You're kidding, right? Try looking at your husband as your child's daddy instead of a source to finance your life. You obviously can't afford the pre school, so try living within your means and try living in reality. We would all like our children to go to the best schools and have everything they want, but it's not realistic. What the child needs more than anything is a relationship with his mommy and daddy. You had the kid, so take the responsibility for it and put the child's life and well being before your selfish goals. You had a kid. It's time to grow up. Figure out how YOU are going to give the child a good life without help. If you get help, be grateful for it, but don't make the child suffer because you have selfish self centered objectives.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment