Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I havent visited the dentist since 12 years ago, what should I do?

I'm scared to go back cause I'm embarrassed. But then I read this "the reason we live longer than people in the 1600s and 1700s is dental health? Or that the toxins from that decay can spread to his brain and blood, resulting in poisoning?" and now I'm worried. I've taken good care of my teeth since I was last at the dentist 12 years ago, I brush twice a day and use listerene and brush my tongue thoroughly, my teeth are straight and I dont get toothaches but now I'm concerned ..
--------------------
Why embarrassment???? Just because you haven't attended a dentist?????? Don't listen to the hype, if you need or want to go to a dentist for a check-up, then GO, the dentist will not judge you, he/she will be glad your actually thinking about the care of your teeth. As for the concerns on the history and the life expectancy due to dental health during the 15th and 16th centuries, you would need to have every area of you gums filled with abscesses along with severe infection before it even becomes dangerous, let alone life-threatening. THEN; AND ONLY THEN; it would require the body to react to the poison in the system to incur septicaemia. With the blood poisioning, infection and without medical treatment or intervention, would you die.... Trust me when I tell you, your never going to hear of a case of that these days. The worst you will incur from a rotten or decaying tooth is bad breath, and/or spots, due to the rotten decay that your tooth dissolves into your saliva and your swallowing this yucky mess.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment