I'm good at learning languages(pick it up easily), love photography, psychology, like drawing, researching, good with computers, like to design websites, travel, play music. I play drums and piano and I can do voices. I like to think and only read books that teach something, or in other words nonfictions pretty much. I've considered a language degree in a foreign language or a computer science major, and psychology with masters/phd(dad says it wont make much and I won't be able to find a job so he doesn't want me to do this.) I have so many interest and what the hell can I do as a career! A one man circus? According to a personality test these were a list of careers that would fit my personality, but my question is how to do you go about picking a major if you want to do 15 different ones? And how can you know what major is right for me? nurse social worker caterer flight attendant bookkeeper medical/dental assistant exercise physiologist elementary school teacher minister/priest/rabbi retail owner officer manager telemarketer counselor special education teacher merchandise planner credit counselor athletic coach insurance agent sales representative massage therapist medical secretary child care provider bilingual education teacher professional volunteer
--------------------
With so many interests and areas of strength, you obviously have a lot of choice. However, you will have to do some soul-searching yourself, and come up with what you like to do best. If you are so inclined, you should not hesitate in going for Master's and even Ph.D.. Master's takes only a year or two, and will place you above the bachelor's degree holders. And if you are interested in teaching at a university, a Ph.D. is a must. As you must be aware, there is a shortage of Americans who do have a Ph.D., especially in science and engineering. In any case, don't worry about making a mistake in selecting a career. You can always go back to school once again, even after you have been in a career for some time.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment