Monday, May 16, 2011

I need to straighten out my life! HELP! Thinking of going to school?

Please don't judge me.. I'm 25 years old with no High School Diploma. I've managed to land a couple of jobs because I simply lied on my resume and put I actually graduated. Now, I have no job, and is really broke. I'm living off my GF and she is basically the one taking care of me. She doesn't know I don't have a HS Diploma and I would always promise her I would go to school. I'm ashamed to even bring this up to any of the Community Colleges. I'm even ashamed to call a school to inquire for an ADULT HS DIPLOMA.. Can someone advice on what to do? How long would it take me to get my HS diploma? I left 7 months before graduating. Once I get my diploma? What course should I look into? I'm thinking of either Respiratory Therapist or Dental Hygienist... Thanks in advance, and GOD BLESS.
--------------------
Why bother with a high school diploma? In many states, you can simply take a GED exam. It's quick and inexpensive. You can buy a study guide if you need to from any bookstore. Employers (or colleges, for that matter) don't differentiate between a diploma or a GED. After that, talk to a college counselor as the other posters have suggested. Also, go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov and start applying for school grants. Lastly, make the most of the opportunity you create for yourself by doing something you love. Enjoy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment