Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm planning to run away from my parents' house and basically walk the earth. Any advices?

Now this isn't your regular teenage depression problem. I'm 20 years old dentistry student, I love my parents, siblings and family. I used to be a very good student in school except in the last 3 years of it, mainly because I lost the will to study and once I did, I couldn't bring myself back to gain it again. Plus I got interested in anything that could distract me or get me away from studying, be it reading, music or daydreaming. Well, you get the picture. As a result I graduated from secondary school with 80% total score which my parents didn't see coming at all, because for me to get into anywhere good, I needed to get at least above 98%. For that they invested everything, money, energy, encouragement, you name it. And really had high hopes for me. Although I failed them, they didn't give up on me. I got into a private dentistry school, in which is where I am now. Still, I'm in my 4th semester and things aren't looking good at all. I managed to convince them that I'm doing good and everything while my GPA is 2.06. So, my dad pays 15,000 Egyptian pound per semester (that's approx 2,650 US dollars) college fees excluding very expensive dental tools and pocket money. We're not poor but it's a heavy duty on my dad especially that I have 2 other sisters and a brother that are also in school and very demanding. I'm so ashamed and disgraced of myself. I know I'm not cut for studying and I know I can't re-try in any other college. So, knowing that I'm not young anymore and can at least take care of myself; have been traveling alone a lot, I decided to reduce my father's burden and simply go away. I'm quite aware that it'll be very hard for me and them but I just can't continue living a lie and deceiving them. I don't think they can find me but even if they did I wouldn't come back of course, I'm a legal adult now plus things would have gotten too much complicated for that. I plan to travel, get part time jobs to make some money. Well, I'm sure I'm not the first to live this kind of lifestyle, take Billy Connolly as an example. I'm not rushing things, I'm not doing it on an impulse, I thought this through, so any rational advices?
--------------------
well unless your parents are going to outlive you and supply you all the money you need for the rest of your life, then this is a bad plan.It cost money for food and shelter son. I think you are just plain lazy.A few good nights on the streets in the pouring rain and cold with nothing to eat for a week would do wonders for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment