Cost doesnt matter. I have 2 dental insurances (which covers it completely) My problem is I'm 20 weeks pregnant and need to get this tooth took care of. It's a bottom right molar (almost half of it is missing) and it's causing my face to swell a little. I'm trying to figure out which will hurt worse because they cant give me anything for pain afterwards. The only thing I can take is tylenol (which really wont help much) Being put under and gas is also out of the question, since i'm pregnant. My family doctor thinks it is possibly abcessed too. (He gave me antibiotic for that) Also I have to wait a little over 2 weeks before I can see a dentist. I also have a cavity on my molar on the other side of my mouth on top. I temporarly filled my two teeth, I've been taking tylenol, clindamycin for the abcessed tooth and I've been using orajel, but it's not cutting the pain. Is there anything else I can do being pregnant for the pain? (I can hardly eat)
--------------------
Most Ob/Gyn will allow Tylenol with codeine. Either procedure should be fine since you are in your second trimester. Pain should not be an issue with either procedure if they are done correctly. I think that Cleocin in pregnancy situation might be a little tough on the tummy. (Nausea) Penicillin if you are not allergic or Keflex if you are works faster and is more tolerable. One final comment...2 WEEKS, get another DDS, one who is more compassionate. Emergencies are just that...Emergencies. Best of Luck.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment