Sunday, May 15, 2011

My dentist is holding my crown ransom.....what can I do?

I have been paying off my portion of my dental bill for the last few months.....my insurance has already paid $1900....I have a temp crown.....my permanent one is ready ( and the insurance paid for 50 percent) but the dentist is refusing to set the new one until I'm all paid up. I am in horrible pain....I think there must be an infection under the temp crown....I can't go to another dentist because my benefit cap is $2000 and my benefits for the year are gone. Im living on Amoxicyllin and Vicodin........I cant do the Care Credit thing because I just went through a divorce and my credit is shot......is there anyway to make the Dentist do the work.....or at least credit my insurance for what they already paid so I can go somewhere else?
--------------------
Talk to your dentist. The first two answers are incorrect... Your dentist is doing what MOST dentists will do: require payment at the time of service. Here is how a crown works: The dentists prepares your tooth, takes an impression of that tooth and fits you with a temporary crown. Then, he sends that impression to a lab to have the permanent crown made. The lab then CHARGES the dentist for that crown. He has to pay his fees before he can get the crown back. Then, he'll have you come back in and he'll place the permanent crown on your tooth... So, he's paying for the crown to be made up front, which is why he's going to require that YOU pay up front as well. It is not fraud... 99.9% of dentists require you to pay the remaining balance (after insurance) when the service is done, and for a crown, that is when he takes the impression and fits you with a temporary crown. Good luck... like I said, talk to him. Explain your situation and be rational. Some folks still have a heart...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment