Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pathology or Oral Surgeon?

I feel like a morbid, sick person, but think beyond what I have to say because this is my interest: I don't know if I want to be an oral and maxillofacial surgeon or a pathologist (autopsies). I really like the fact I'd be cutting open either a face or a body. My grandmother has watched autopsy shows and Emergency ER shows all my life, so I am not grossed out by gore. Here's the difference between the two: Oral surgeons go to dental school then onto surgery school and have two years of residency=14 years ~up to $400k/yr in some states. Pathologist goes to med school and I am not quite sure if they go to another school afterwards. They roughly make a little over $200k/yr. I don't care about the money, please don't say OMS because it's $200k more. I feel more interested in pathology. If you know about it please help me.
--------------------
Pathologist make more money because they have to do a lot of research on different parts of the body. It takes alot of time you have to do recordings so its more than just cutting a body open go for pathology it would be a good learning techque.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment