I took my cat to the vet for a dental yesterday. I have had cats my whole life, but this is the first cat that has been mine to take care of so I am a little naive on the procedures and the vet wasn't very helpful. They did not let me know he would be groggy and "drunk" like when I brought him home. I called the vet and they said it was normal and to keep an eye on him for the night. I noticed his pupils were extremely dilated as well and they said that is normal. It is about 36 hours after he was sedated and his pupils have barely gone down. The vet says if I'm really concerned I can take him back in, but that some cats act differently to sedatives and take longer to wake up. He is pretty much back to his normal, vocal self. He still isn't playing much, though, but he is up and walking around fine. Does anyone know if the pupil dilation could be a bad sign? Thanks!
--------------------
No. I would call your vet.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment