Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sinus Infection or Tooth Problem?

About a week and a half ago, I woke up and my top right front tooth, and the two next to it (going to the right) felt...weird. Not painful, but it feels like the teeth are swollen and sometimes there is a throbbing, but not pain. The only time my teeth are sore is when I first wake up in the morning, but Ibuprofen takes care of the slight pain right away. The only other pain I have is some sensitivity/pain in the right nostril. I'm a grad student, so I don't have dental ins or money, but I went to student health about 5 days ago and they diagnosed me with a sinus infection. I get a couple of sinus infections per year, but my teeth have never felt like this before. My questions are: Could this be a tooth issue rather than a sinus issue? I just had my annual tooth exam/cleaning about 3 weeks ago (w/panoramic x-rays) and my dentist never said anything about those teeth. Also, I just finished my antibiotics (Z-pack or azythromiacin), how long do the antibiotics usually take to work?
--------------------
It could be either one but it is most likely a sinus infection. if the Zpak is done and it still isn't working you need to go back to the MD. Sometimes the Zpack isn't the right med for the bacteria causing the infection. I would go back to the MD and see what he says. If he tries another med and it doesn't work then I would go to the Dentist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment