I work at a clinic. Well,today we had Sergeants time training. I was released at 9 soaking wet and muddy to go to an App. at 10. Went home changed into PT's as told by my NCOIC didn't even get enough time to shower. Went to my App. and arrived at the clinic after my app. at 11:30 for lunch time. All the civilian Dental Assistants and Workers were there but none of the other soldiers,nor my NCOIC showed up. I found out that they were released to go home for the day after Sergeant time training and he himself went home also. My Supervisor (NCO) only showed up to clothes the clinic for the day in civilian clothes telling me "how I missed out" though I was ordered to go to the clinic after my app. Anyways,I got a call from one of the E-4s telling me how I was to work and wait till she got there to close the clinic. Telling me the NCO would call herself but her phone was broken. Then I asked her well how did u talk to her for her to tell you to tell me this,she responded oh her cellphone was only DEAD it's charged now. My NCO had told me when she got to the clinic that her cellphone is "broken" (kinda like they mixed their stories up)... There's a total of 6 military ppl that work at the clinic myself (PV2),3 Specialists,NCOIC,and my NCO. For some reason I feel like if I wasn't in trouble or doing corrective training there shouldn't have been a reason EVERYONE got to go home and relax WHILE I am the only working. Is there a regulation against this? Were they allowed to do this? Shouldn't my NCO have called me instead of a SPC when I know her phone isn't broken because the SPC told me it went from BROKEN to oh no it was just DEAD it's charged now BS? Something seems unligitt or they wouldn't have made up a lie about a cell phone? Right? I need help. I feel like they are running over me because I'm a PV2 and they NEEDED a military personnel to stay in the clinic to make sure no civilians had over time,but shouldn't my NCOIC or NCO taken care of that in a better manner? I know a lot of you want to tell me to stop WHINING but they've also told me that they wanted to take my 4 day weekend from me if I don't complete online courses that they want,and I keep asking them what they are and they say we will talk about it later n blow it off like they want me to come in on my 4 day weekend. I don't know, I feel targeted by everyone. Because of my rank,maybe? Not sure! But when I joined I swore NCO's were suppose to be leaders. They're promoting anyone these days. And I've heard all the learn from it and do it better crap. I need REAL ADVICE. What can I do about this? REAL ANSWERS for people that are trying to help. Not idiot NCO's that think I'm whining when I'm being treated unfairly. I'
--------------------
some of the best advice my father gave me in military matters is 'no matter how stupid it is or how much you hate it, you shouldnt complain about it until after its done. but then its done, so what are you complaining about?' moral of the story is-get a straw, hurry up and wait. obviously youre painting the picture that you got the thin end of the stick here. and you probably are being walked on because youre being a dumb whiny boot. if you dont want this sort of thing to happen, dont give them a reason to be on your case. be better than they expect of you in everything. you complain about losing a 96? liberty is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. i cant even begin to count the late nights, holidays, and weekends ive had to work, and ive only been in three years. if you were in my shop and had training you needed done and it wasnt done, neither of us would be going anywhere til it was done. you want fairness? go defect to a communist country. the military is NOT a democracy, it is a regimented dictatorship, and that is the way it MUST be in order to effectively accomplish its mission. you 'not having time to shower' is piss-poor time management on your behalf, and not anyone elses fault in the least. youre looking for someone to take your side, try asking in the 'bleeding hearts' or 'mothers of america' section, not the 'military' section. until you learn to put up or shut up you will constantly find yourself in this position of wondering why youre the low man on the totem pole and noone is busting their *** to get you promoted. if you dont like your leader's approach, make a note of it and do things the way you think you should when youre in charge. until then, its his or her ship to run, not yours.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment