Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Veterans and Active Service Members, what was the amount of your GI Bill when you joined and what was it?

when you got out? I have seen many questions posted by Dems about how the GI Bill has been taken away from us and our benefits lowered...If I remember correctly when I joined in 91 the Gi Bill was 15K and when I Medically Retired in 04 it was like 32K...it was more than enough to pay for my school...I actually used some of it to take trips in between classes...and if I remember correctly, Clinton was the one that took our Family benefits and set us up with the "Great" Tri-care...I remember there was talk of Breach of Contract in the Mid 90's because we were told when we joined we would get free Medical and Dental for us and oru families and Clinton gave us the "Great" United Concordia that we had to pay for to use for our families? I think the New GI Bill is to buy votes...I mean I would benefit from it, but I think one Enlistment Soldiers should not get the same benefits as a Career Soldier...more time, more benefits...please advise...
--------------------
When I got out, we received $150 a month for school, yep thats it, I worked two jobs and got the bill to survive while goinig to school! USMC 68 Vietnam
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment