Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What can I do about my TMJ?

At least, I think it's TMJ. It has gotten worse lately. I think I may be stressed (my husband is deploying to Iraq.. so that stress isn't going to go away anytime soon..) But in the last week or so I've really noticed my jaw has been popping alot.. only when I open my mouth wider than an inch.. like, when I'm eating or kissing, or yawning... my husband even noticed it when we were kissing the other day.. and it was weird. I think its gross, but he could care less (luckily) I just want to know if there's anything I can do that doesn't involve going to the dentist.. I have a really crappy dental plan and I'll have to pay 70 percent out of pocket... and I just don't want to shell out crazy money for this. So no dentist related answers, please. I do know that I toss around in my sleep, I'm pretty much restless and I'm pretty sure I click my teeth.. sometimes grind them.. I've been told. Again, stress I think.. Its more annoying than anything else.. any easy fixes or advice?
--------------------
You need to recognize what is actually taking place here. Each snap you hear is the cartilage being pushed out of place. It can actually lock your jaw on occasion. You can get some relief by putting your index finger in the joint and press while saying OW..loudly.. Next, try rotating your head both ways and see which one is restricted. The restricted one is the one you need to concentrate on.Try putting your chin in the heel of your palm (same side) and then push your head around until you feel the stop. Try to go beyond that point..Should increase each day. That tight muscle is what is causing the distortion of the skull and putting the jaw joint under duress. Just make sure you don't allow your head to go backward.. is the automatic reaction to get off the pressure of pulling that tight muscle. You will also find there is much tenderness at the base of the skull on the tighter side. Is where the muscle attaches to the skull and is causing a mild to moderate inflammatory process. Is under constant strain. Do all that and let me know how well it worked for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment