Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Work for school district - OT not paid & payroll not showing deductions? Can they do this?

I'm a 10 mo. employee. I have a certain amt of $ deducted from every check to cover me for the 2 months of summer that I'm not employed. The payroll dept. states they can't show the amt or running total of this deduction on my stub. Also, they do not show my hourly rate or hours worked for the pay period. Is this leagal? I work B4 & afterschool care 40 hours per week M-F. I am scheduled to work until 6pm. Parents pick up their kids late, but we are told that we can not show overtime and we just need to take the amt of time off during the week for the time that we stayed over. Is this legal? OT is paid at time & a 1/2, but the time we take matches the amount that we stay over. I signed up my child for dental insur. They never deducted the amt from my check & now want to deduct taking huge amts out of each check. They "forgot" to turn on the deduction. I didn't think she was covered, so we never used it. I purchased another policy. I'm I liabable to pay? TIA for replies
--------------------
I don't know which State you live in but, you should contact the superintendent of your school district. Did you not get a policy/hand manual when you were hired, explaining everything? If you did, overtime and comp time should be explain in it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment