Friday, May 20, 2011

What Do You Do All Day?

why do people ask stay at home moms, "So, what do you do all day?" This question is annoying. It's like stay at home moms are lazy, sits on their bum, eats bon bons and watches tv, and don't do anything! Even the working moms who have stayed home before have the audacity to ask us this question??!! Who cooks 3 meals a day (plus snacks) from scratch so we don't have to go out to eat? Who feeds, babysits, bathes, educates, potty trains, the kids? Who cleans the house, does the laundry, mops the floor, vacuums, scrubs toilet, wash dishes, grocery shops, scrubs bathtubs, cleans bathrooms, makes the bed, picks up your toys, organizes, dusts, etc? Who is a maid, a cook, a chauffeur, babysitter, counselor, a coach, and a lover? Who gets up in the middle of the night to change diapers and takes care of sick people? Do you want this job now? This is not a 9-5 job. This is a 24 hour job, 7 days a week, no pay, no sick leave. no medical/insurance/dental benefits.
--------------------
I agree! I am a new stay at home mommy and I do find lots of things to do. My house is spotless, the laundry is done, dinner is wonderfully cooked and made, my child is completely happy and has lots of fun activities to do throughout the day (never watches TV), my husband has homemade cookies in his lunch, and I look beautiful for him when he comes home and I am not so damn tired and crabby from work so that we can have some nice time together when he gets home from a hard days work :) It's not for everyone, but I definitely do not sit on my butt all day. I mean, during afternoon nap time I take a little time out for myself, but its definitely a 24 hour job. I mean sometimes I am sleeping, etc... but I always have that ear out for my baby. Never a moments rest :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment