Friday, May 20, 2011

Sued by a dentist?

I went to an orthodontist a few months ago to see if I was a good cantidate for Invisalign braces, the first visit (the only time I went) was supposed to be a FREE consultation. After seeing the cost of what the treatment would cost I had to put it off, I've still been planning on returning to the dentist once I finish school and have the $$. I hadn't heard from the dental office until I came home from work today and found a Summon to court on my door saying I need to appear in court in a few months about this matter. I don't mind paying what I owe, but it bothers me that they didn't contact me before taking it to court, I in all honesty didn't know I owed them, however a simple bill in the mail would've done the trick and I would have taken care of it months ago! What should I do?? Also, is it weird that it was stuck to my door?
--------------------
First.. I would ring the dentists and ask them why they advised the first consultation would be free....when it isn't (proof is good too like a newspaper cutting).. Ask them why they had not billed you but opted for a court summons instead.. and why they had not sent you a bill (I am sure they will say they did) If you are happy with what they are charging pay it before the court date.. if you're not... get some legal assistance to fight it. Good luck Sean
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment