Monday, May 23, 2011

Why are dentists allowed to turn people away?

I'm asking this because not long ago I read an article that dentists are charging more money than ever for their services. However, fewer people can afford care and the number of Americans living with pain and other problems is steadily rising. They say that your dental health is important to your overall health and well being. If that's so, why isn't something being done to address this problem?
--------------------
You are very correct. I sure wish I had an answer, but until there is health care reform in this country, I'm afraid there isn't going to be one. America doesn't have "health care", it has "sick-care". If you show up at the ER, they must treat you if you can pay or not. BUT, there is no way for low-income families to get care to PREVENT this visit. How bass-ackwards is that???? To "DR H"..."prevention is cheap"....not if you live in america, make minimum wage, and live anywhere but the worst dump in town. And then, if you skip a few meals a week, you MAY be able to afford "Prevention". How about some REAL health CARE in the richest nation on Earth?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment