Friday, November 6, 2009

So I'm jealous...

Of those girls. You know the ones. The ones in class who sit there... ever so calm and collected... knitting. Yes folks, I'm jealous of the girls that knit. There's several in class. They don't take notes. Well, I don't take notes either... but not for any cool reason like knitting. I don't take notes because it's too boring and I won't read them anyways. I'm just, well, doing nothing.... just thinking up a million new ideas every 10 seconds and listening to lecture. I guess I'm an auditory learner. I'd love to have something else interesting to do. When I was an epidemiologist I had to review tons of ID cases. Which was ever so boring, and took me FOREVER. But I noticed that if I piled on a few more senses... like simultaneously drinking tea, listening to an audio book, face-booking, AND reviewing cases... I could get them cranked out significantly more efficiently. Now maybe all that wouldn't work for making it through lecture... but knitting.... that's another story. It all looks so soothing... beautiful yarn, complicated stitches, back and forth... and then poof! The next day the fuchsia yarn turns into a cute sweater... that she's WEARING. Then I'm envious all over again. She can make CLOTHES while sitting in med school. If only I could do that with shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment