Friday, March 5, 2010

"Lunching"

I've never really "lunched" before until today. Of course, I've eaten lunch, been to lunch, gone out for lunch, and attended luncheons. All of which are very different from lunching. Lunching occurs only at specific restaurants, with specific people (usually old ones), and involves thousands of dollars and at least 3 hours (in this case 4). It also involves sampling everything on the menu, and many, many, many, bottles of wine.

So why (you may ask) was I privy to such an occasion? Because I'm a med student. In a rock-star school in a rock-star city, and a first year rep for a rock-star history of medicine society. A couple of our professors, who must be somewhere around 200 years old, took 14 of us out to lunch at a well respected, ridic-expensive (they lost 2.8 million dollars in wine alone in Hurricane K), older than dirt restaurant in the FQ. It was fabulous.

And I'm not going to lie, it felt lovely to walk through the front doors and say "I'm with the school of medicine party".... ever-so-nonchalantly of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment