Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My New Superhero...

So I've found a new person to idolize. You all know I'm obsessed with Dr. Kenton Hadley... (that's still in effect of course)... but she's internal medicine. Yes... I know... I like her despite the fact that she's IM. Admittedly, this new cool doctor chick isn't as totally accomplished as Dr. KH, but she's younger.... a resident, and she's EM. I've worked with her twice now in the emergency department.... and she is just pretty bad-ass all around. I've seen her run 2 full traumas at the head of the bed, plus I think she is incredibly smart.

I don't know anything about her personally.... (clearly I haven't been stalking her well enough)... but in my mind she's a superhero. I imagine that she and her husband and their dog save the world on weekends, maybe she collects Chihuly glass, is a trained wine connoisseur, goes to art openings on weekdays, and she has a closet full of Christian Louboutins that she wears after her ED shifts. I'm sure she only cooks occasionally, but fabulously, for friends... probably because she is too busy traveling the world in her time off... as she is also simultaneously the medical director for the WHO's Latvian health project. She has a plethora of job offers after graduation with ungodly attached salaries, of which she has declined all of them in favor of spending the next year with Doctors Without Borders.

Ok, back to reality... she's an awesome EM doc and she has pretty hair. That's the extent of what I know about her. Which is WAYY more than I can say for most of the women around here that I am supposed to consider mentors. Yech.

No comments:

Post a Comment