A few years ago, I was in the passengers side of the car and I was looking at my teeth in the mirror of the visor. I think I had a kernel from popcorn wedged behind my tooth and gum (front 2 bottom teeth) and I was getting it out, when I realized that what I had pulled out was not a popcorn kernel and actually looked like a piece of tooth (white and gray, that easily broke apart with my nail) and I felt the back of my tooth with my tongue and felt a sharp edge on the tooth, and it felt really strange and not normal. I looked at the back of my teeth in the mirror as best I could and seen that it looked like the back of my tooth chipped. Since that day, the same two teeth in front on the bottom have done that about 2 times and today it happened to a different tooth when I was flossing (the tooth next to one of my front 2 teeth on the bottom). I'm really, really worried about losing my teeth (I'm 21yo) and have nightmares about it. I'm afraid to go to the dentist because of my last experience a long time ago (No, I haven't been to the dentist since I was a kid, and yes I do realize that is a bad thing) when they had 4 dental assistants hold my legs and arms down because I was shaking so bad from the pain with my first and only fillings, and they didn't give me enough numbing (I was too young to get gas, they put a couple of shots in my gums) but it was definitely not enough. I felt everything. But the whole point is, I really don't want to go to the dentist because even if my teeth aren't breaking, years ago I pulled out one of my fillings and Ive had a hole there for years, but the tooth doesn't bother me at all, and I know that I would have to have that filled if I went. How do I know if it's my tooth actually breaking off, or if it's just plaque build-up? I can deal with it if it isn't my tooth. A little more information is yes, I do have 2 lip piercings, but I don't play with them with my teeth and the posts never hit my teeth. I do smoke, and I do brush my teeth. This has happened to my husband before and he told me that I really shouldn't worry too much about it (I have really high anxiety, especially about my teeth, but about everything in general anyways) and that its probably just a plaque build-up, but how do I know for sure? I'm afraid to floss now, and I can't stop "tonguing" it. It just doesn't feel natural. I'm afraid to eat anything like apples or carrots or whatever as well. I would just like to know if it's my tooth breaking, or if its plaque build-up, and if it is plaque build-up, what the best way to take care of it myself is. Thanks in advance, & best answer receives 10 points. - Trisha
--------------------
A similar thing happened to me.. I thought my teeth were breaking, but it was actually a build up of tartar. That's probably what it is in your case too.. :) I would see a dentist, so that any tartar can be removed. Hope this helped.
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment