MY friend said that they don't acutally put you out when you get your wisdom teeth removed, that they just give you something that makes you not care and you don't remember anything in the end. Is this true or can they put you to sleep? She was under the impression that she was getting out out until 2 minutes before and I'm getting mine out in 2 weeks and I will not go through with it if I'm not put out because I have extreme dental anxiety.
--------------------
You are going to want a combination of NO2 and lidocaine. The NO2 helps you to relax, and not feel the pain associated with the injection of the lidocaine, which is great. It also helps the time pass so you don't notice the length of the procedure. As for the time it takes for the procedure itself, that depends on the position of the third molars, and how much they have erupted. So that length of time is highly variable for the procedure. As for sedation dentistry, of course if you are fully sedated (beyond what nitrous can do), then you will feel and remember nothing. As with all anesthetics, there is inherent risks, and the level of sedation increases the risk involved to you, meaning lidocaine is least risk, NO2 means more risk, and sedation means even more risk. For third molar extraction, the NO2 with lidocaine option is just great. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I had NO2 and lidocaine, and all was great, the pain came later, after the lidocaine wore off, but that's what pain medication is for...post surgery! IV sedation costs more money, so think about that as well. Good luck!
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment