Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Im 27 weeks pregnant and getting a route canal on my mouth thursday will they put me to sleep? Please Help

yea like ive never had one and i was just wondering what the whole process of it was and everything and like if theyll put me to sleep or just give me gas and numb me im going to a place called signature dental so if you know anything please tell me and like what kinda foods will i be able to eat after and will it hurt and how long will i be down? thanks O and what is the procedure like because i have to get three and dont be sayin things like ewwww you don take care of your teeth its not even my fault another dentist messed up my mouth when i got my wisdom teeth pulled and he fu$? up like three of my teeth plus he told me i could eat after if i was up to it so yea i stopped going to him the day i turned 18 i got on medicaid and started goin to another dentist but anyway thanks im just kinda worried about this whole thing
--------------------
I have not personally been put to sleep for 4 root canals. I've had a dentist unable to finish halfway through and send me to a specialist. That sucked, but at least it didn't happen while I was pregnant. I know your teeth can get messed up even when you take care of them. My doctor put me on the Advair inhaler for really bad asthma and it rotted my teeth. Nobody told me that would happen and they should have. I've had root canals take 1-4 hours and I have to be numbed up several times and have an additional shot down the tooth hole after they get it drilled. It hurts like hell for 3-8 days and you will only be able to take tylenol (which does squat for me) or something like vicodin or percocet. The narcotics are actually a lot safer for your baby than advil or aspirin so don't worry about taking them. I'm not sure abou the gas, I think it's not a good idea while you're pregnant though. So the process for me is, sit down, get a shot, then another, then another, get drilled then they stick this little file in and out of your tooth until they scrape away all the nerve. They pack your tooth hole with some stinky anti-infective, put on a temporary crown or filling then send you home with pain meds. In a few weeks they put on the permanent crown. Honestly, it's not fun, but if you have music to listen to it helps. Good luck to you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment