This is a heartbreaking story about my 20 yr old son. My son was born with an immature digestive tract. He was born at 9lbs, 2 oz, (1989) and didn't thrive even though he was breast fed. He screamed incessantly. It took almost 2 yrs before he was diagnosed with an immature digestive tract. He had no hair or teeth until he was almost 3. After many months on strictly rice milk, bananas and vitamins, he finally started looking normal. He was delayed in every aspect. Didn't walk until 2 yrs 3 mos. In 1994, he and I were in a nearly fatal car crash. My GI tract was severed and my son suffered a severe brain injury which took years of rehabilitation. The fact that we survived was completely miraculous, but it did not come without years of agony, trauma, and finally outplacement for 18 months. Today, by God's good grace, he is completely functional. His teeth, however, are completely destroyed. Last week he lost a front tooth and looks hideous, despite his handsome features. He is nearly 5'9" and weighs 124 lbs. He can't chew anything and drinks Ensure and eats soft food. I work full time and have all along, but his father deserted us (in favor of alcohol) many years ago. I took him to a dental practice last week to see what the options are and none of them are very good or realistic. Regular dentures would promote severe bone loss at his age and the price I got for the "snap on" option with 6 implants per arch - was $50,000. That's what I make in one year and the mortgage eats up quite a bit of that. I looked into financing and all they have available is a "Care" card that is a one year, no interest card that needs to be paid in full in one year!!! My heart breaks every time I look at him. I'm worried that the fighting spirit that got him through all of the trauma in his life will dwindle as I see him sinking into a deep and hopeless depression. He is eating even less now. I asked the dentist about medical insurance paying some of this hefty bill and was told that they wouldn't take it anyway because the reimbursements wouldn't be enough and they "don't want to work for that little money". Please somebody point me in the direction of someone that can help me. I live in Connecticut but can travel to anywhere in the northeast or mid Atlantic, or ANYwhere, for that matter if there is someone out there willing to take affordable payments from me. Thank you for your help and may God bless you all. Gail in CT
--------------------
You can easily check your minimal health care rates in internet, for example here - healthquotes.awardspace.info
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment