Saturday, January 9, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic and Sad.

I'm reflecting on the past and feeling a bit down.

 Is it because I want to go back to the days where the wards were resourced and staffed  so that Nurses could do their jobs? 

Am I getting sentimental over the days when Matron showed some kind of interest in the wards and patient care? 

Am I reflecting on what the wards were like when patients were less ill, stayed in hospital until they were better and market obsessed management weren't pushing as many acutely ill and frail patients through the system with as few nurses as they could get away with?

Am I sadly longing for the days before  management consultants who have no understanding of health care dynamics brought in crap ideas from America to restructure wards and staffing thus destroying nurse care, ruining nurses themselves and killing patients?


Nah That's not what is bothering me at the moment.  Those days all disappeared in the very early 90's.  A little before my time as a Nurse.  I think I had two good months before it went south. Can't miss what you don't know.
I am sad right now because I miss Dr. Rant.    He hasn't blogged in a long time and I don't think he's coming back.  Breaks my heart.  Nu-Labour probably raised his blood pressure and caused him to stroke out and die.

Click on the following:

Bring

Back

Dr. Rant.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment